These Blackened Shrimp Sheet Pan Fajitas are easy, ready in under 30 minutes, and a certified crowd pleaser. Low-carb, keto-friendly, Whole30 compliant and gluten free. This recipe does not skip on the flavor – it has just the right amount of spice and seasoning. Try it out today.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
Listen, you guys really love these spicy, “blackened” recipes and I have the data to prove it. Some of my most visited and tagged recipes continue to be:
To their credit, they are all delicious. This recipe, of course, is no different. Sheet pan fajitas are bomb and easy. Seriously, talk about a crowd pleaser. Tender, succulent shrimp, an array of bell pepper slices, garlic, lime, spices for days. There’s nothing not to love, really. That is unless you hate seafood, but if that’s the case you wouldn’t be here in the first place. I’m certain that you’re going to absolutely love this dish, and that it will quickly become a weeknight staple for your family. Let’s get into it.
What Ingredients Do Need?
- Shrimp – This recipe calls for two pounds. Buy raw shrimp, not precooked. The shrimp will need to be peeled and deveined with the tail off. You can buy shrimp that is already peeled and deveined if you wish, however that is usually the more expensive option.
- Bell Peppers – It ain’t fajitas without bell peppers, right? For this recipe I used three large bell peppers; red, yellow, and orange. I cut the bell peppers lengthwise, into strips. Super easy.
- Lime – I used the juice of one large lime to add flavor to my sheet pan fajitas.
- Garlic – one tablespoon of freshly minced garlic brings so much flavor to this recipe. I used fresh, but if you use pre minced/jarred garlic I won’t tell nobody.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Spices/Seasonings – To make my blackened seasoning you’ll need salt, paprika, cayenne powder, chili powder, garlic powder, and black pepper. Nothing outrageous here; many of these are spice rack staples in most households.
- Diced Onion
Optional Ingredients, Toppings, Garnishes
Listen. You can eat these blackened shrimp fajitas straight out of the oven, as is! When served this way they are not only low-carb and keto-friendly, but also Whole30 compliant and gluten free.
If you want to round the meal out a little bit more here are some other serving suggestions:
- Tortillas – I used a low-carb variety that is available literally everywhere.
- Guacamole – if you need a recipe, I’ve got you. Easy Keto Guacamole from Scratch.
- Sour Cream
- Jalapeños – pickled or fresh. You can remove the seeds so that the heat doesn’t clash with the heat from the Blackened Shrimp.
What Tools Do I Need?
The tools I used for this dish are minimal and make for a super easy cleanup process:
- Sheet Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Tongs – For Tossing
- Whisk – for mixing the blackened seasoning blend
- Glass Bowl
Is Blackened Shrimp Spicy?
This recipe definitely has a kick to it! If you’re sensitive to spicy foods, then you may consider adjusting the amount of cayenne powder used in the blackened seasoning blend.
Is Blackened Shrimp Keto-Friendly?
Absolutely! This blackened shrimp recipe contains just 6 grams of net carbs per serving making it suitable for a low-carb or keto-friendly lifestyle.
How to Make Blackened Shrimp Sheet Pan Fajitas
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Place all of the seasonings in a small bowl and use a whisk to combine them. This will create the blackened seasoning.
- To a large bowl, add the prepped shrimp, extra virgin olive oil, blackened seasoning, garlic, and lime juice. Use the tongs to toss the ingredients until the seasonings and oil are well distributed and coats all of the shrimp and peppers.
*Alternatively, you could add all of the ingredients to a large freezer bag to toss, or even allow to marinate for an hour in the refrigerator before cooking*
- Place the contents of the bowl onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Spread the ingredients out into a single layer to allow for even cooking.
- Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and allow to cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with cilantro, diced onion, and additional lime juice.
That’s it, y’all. This recipe is so easy, so flavorful, and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes. Taco Tuesday done in a flash, but also perfect for any weeknight meal. Heck, the weekend too!
When you make this, be sure to tag me on Instagram so that I can show off your culinary skills and brag on you a bit.
As usual, try it out and let me know what you think!
Can’t make this recipe right now? Save it to your favorite Pinterest board for later so that you don’t lose it!
These Blackened Shrimp Sheet Pan Fajitas are easy, ready in under 30 minutes, and a certified crowd pleaser. Low-carb, keto-friendly, Whole30 compliant and gluten free. This recipe does not skip on the flavor - it has just the right amount of spice and seasoning. Try it out today.
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Powder
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Black Pepper
- 2 pounds Large Shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail off
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Limes, large
- White Onion, diced, to taste
- Cilantro, chopped, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a small bowl, use a whisk to combine the salt, paprika, cayenne, chili powder, garlic powder, and black pepper. (Blackened Seasoning Blend)
- In a large bowl, combine the Shrimp, blackened seasoning, bell pepper strips, minced garlic, extra virgin olive oil, and the juice of one lime. Use tongs to toss well until seasoning is well distributed onto the shrimp and bell pepper strips.
- Place the contents of the bowl onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet, spread out evenly in a single layer for even cooking.
- Place into the oven and allow to cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with diced white onions and chopped cilantro. Add additional lime wedges, as desired.
Optional for Garnishing/Serving
- Tortillas/Low-Carb Tortillas
- Sour Cream
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 319mgSodium: 2165mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 35g