Savory, delicious chorizo, shredded Oaxaca style cheese, lime, and fresh cilantro make this low-carb & keto-friendly pizza irresistible. Mix up your pizza night by trying out this fun recipe that strays away from traditional in the most mouth-watering way. If you love this recipe, check out my keto-friendly Chicken Alfredo Flatbread.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
Moving to San Antonio turned me into a certified chorizo lover. I typically use it in my low-carb breakfast tacos or my chorizo cheese “fries” (that are really turnips) recipe. I recently had chorizo on pizza from a local restaurant. It was absolutely divine, but I knew that I wanted to try it using a different flavor profile. It was a meat lovers pizza, and while it was good, chorizo seemed to be tossed in as an afterthought amongst a sea of other toppings. We can do better than that, right?
For my pizza, I wanted the distinct flavor of Mexican chorizo to truly shine. And, with this chorizo lime pizza – shine it does! The Oaxaca cheese is the perfect touch and the fresh basil brings that familiar pizza essence that we all know and love.
After baking the pizza, I finish it off with fresh cilantro, lime juice, and Trechas SaLimon Powder. If you’re unable to find Salimon Powder, lime salt will do! You may even choose to use fresh lime zest atop your pizza.
This is a cheesy, spicy, delicious dish and the best part is that it’s low-carb and keto friendly. Let’s get into the details.
How to Make Chorizo Lime Pizza | Keto, Low-Carb
Keto Pizza Crust
I’ve used this method to make my keto pizza crust for years and it has never failed me.
You will need:
- Riced or Chopped Cauliflower – store-bought is more expensive, but saves time in a pinch
- Mozzarella Cheese – shredded
- Fresh Basil – chopped
- Fresh Garlic – minced
- Preheat oven to 400
- Add a pound of riced cauliflower to a glass bowl. To that, add 3 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese. Stir the cheese and cauliflower well.
- Place the bowl in the microwave, and allow to heat for 3 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Upon removal from the microwave, stir well immediately. Allow to cool.
- Add the eggs, salt, and minced garlic, freshly chopped basil; stir well.
- Form the “dough” into a ball and use cheesecloth to squeeze out all of the excess moisture. Don’t skip this step – too much moisture and your crust will not cook properly, and fall apart.
- After removing the moisture from the dough, place it on a parchment paper lined baking sheet pizza stone.
- Use your hands to flatten and form the crust. Place in the preheated oven, and bake for twenty minutes, at which point the crust should be golden brown.
This pizza is topped with:
- Marinara Sauce – I start by adding a thin layer of sauce. I’m not a fan of over-sauced pizza, but feel free to add more than the recipe calls for if that’s your preference. I used Rao’s brand.
- Fresh Basil – Although I’ve already added fresh basil to the crust, I also add it to the toppings to ensure that the flavor really shines. I don’t consider pizza…pizza without the taste of fresh basil.
- Spinach Leaves
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Shredded Oaxaca Style Cheese – Shredded quesillo, or Oaxaca cheese, is similar to mozzarella in texture, melts very well, and is extremely delicious.
- Ground Chorizo (cooked) – a tasty Mexican sausage with added spices and peppers; recognizable by its’ reddish tint. To maximize your time, cook the chorizo as the pizza crust bakes. Cook according to package instructions.
After topping the pizza, place it back in the 400 oven for ten minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted and starts to brown.
Once the pizza has been removed from the oven, top with lime juice, a pinch lime salt, and fresh cilantro.
Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to slice.
That’s it! As usual, try it out and let me know what you think! If you make this pizza, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram. And while you’re at it, feel free to join my IG family. I’d love to have you.
Can’t make this right now? Save it to your favorite Pinterest board for later so that you don’t lose it!
Savory, delicious chorizo, shredded Oaxaca style cheese, lime, and fresh cilantro make this low-carb & keto-friendly pizza irresistible. Mix up your pizza night by trying out this fun recipe that strays away from traditional in the most mouth-watering way.
- 1 lb Cauliflower, riced
- 3 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup Marinara Sauce
- 1-2 tbsp. Fresh Basil, chopped
- Fresh Spinach Leaves, to taste
- 1/4 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Ground Chorizo, cooked
- 1 cup Oaxaca Cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- Fresh Cilantro, to taste
- Lime Salt, to taste (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F
In a large glass bowl, combine the riced cauliflower and mozzarella cheese.
Microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese has completely melted.
Remove from microwave, stir well, and allow to cool for about three minutes.
Add eggs, salt, basil, and garlic to the bowl and stir well until one cohesive dough forms. Use hands to form the dough into a ball.
Using either your hands or cheesecloth, squeeze out as much moisture as possible from your ball of dough.
On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet place the ball of dough in the center, and use either your hands or a rolling pin to flatten the dough into a flat circular crust.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook chorizo according to package instructions
Remove pizza crust from oven
Top with marinara, fresh basil, fresh spinach leaves, sun dried tomatoes, ground chorizo (cooked), and Oaxaca cheese.
Return to oven for ten minutes.
Upon removal, top with lime juice, cilantro, and lime salt.
Slice and enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 512mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 14g