These fast and easy ginger turmeric shots blow the store bought versions out of the water! They’re cost-effective and packed with ingredients you can feel good about (no added sugar or preservatives). These shots are low-carb, vegan, and gluten-free! Try the recipe out today and let me know what you think!
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
Hungry for more? Check out these recipes:
I don’t know about you, but inflation is kicking my (redacted). The cost of everything is way up, especially at the supermarket. To complicate matters, cold and flu season is raging, and it seems like it’s especially brutal this year.
We love picking up ginger-turmeric wellness/immunity shots during our weekly grocery runs, but they’ve gotten so dang expensive. On top of that, I’ve noticed some wonky ingredients and preservatives popping up on the ingredients lists of some of my favorite brands.
If you’re in the same boat, fret not. You can easily produce a similar juice in your own kitchen for a fraction of the cost. Make a batch any time you need a quick hit of energy, or feel like your immune system could use a boost. Let’s get into some details.
What Tools Do I Need?
You can easily make these shots using common kitchen tools. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Blender – this will be used to blend the ingredients. If you own a juicer, you may opt to use it instead.
- Strainer – I use a stainless steel mesh fine strainer that catches the pulp, while allowing the juice to pass through. You can also use cheesecloth or a nut milk bag.
- Shot Glasses – these are use for serving the shots. You will also want an airtight container for storing the extra juice until time to consume.
- Knife– for chopping the ingredients.
- Cutting Board
- Citrus Juicer/Squeezer – for extracting the juice from the lemon and orange.
How Many Servings Does This Recipe Make?
This recipe makes 8 servings. Each serving measures to about 2 ounces.
Are These Ginger-Turmeric Shots Spicy?
These shots have a bit of a zesty “bite.” After all, they do contain ginger, turmeric, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic. The spice is not overwhelming, and you’ll find that the taste is very similar to the shots that you purchase at the supermarket.
Are These Shots Low-Carb?
Each shot contains 8 net grams of carbohydrates making it suitable for those following a low-carb lifestyle.
What Ingredients Do I Need?
These ingredients for these shots are simple and easy to find. You probably already have a few of these sitting around in your kitchen:
- Ginger – fresh ginger. The ginger does not need to be peeled. Simply wash and chop the ginger into small pieces before placing into the blender.
- Turmeric – fresh turmeric. No need to peel. You will wash and chop the turmeric into small pieces. Turmeric will stain surfaces – handle carefully.
- Garlic – I use a single peeled garlic clove in this recipe. No need to chop or mince.
- Black Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper – powdered
- Orange Juice – you can use fresh squeezed or bottled orange juice. If you use bottled juice, make sure you choose a brand with no added sugar.
- Lemon Juice – I use fresh squeezed lemon juice in this recipe.
How to Make Easy Ginger Turmeric Shots
Start by washing all of the produce and chopping the ginger and turmeric into small pieces. Remember that they do not need to be peeled. Refer to the images above. Peel the garlic and extract the juice from your citrus.
Add the ginger, turmeric, garlic, black pepper, cayenne pepper, water, orange juice and lemon juice to your blender. Blend for 20 seconds or until all of the ingredients are broken down and no large pieces remain.
Use a strainer, nut milk bag, or cheese cloth to strain the juice. This will separate the juice and leave behind a “pulp” that can be saved, composted, or discarded.
How to Store the Shots
Store the juice in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Cant make this right now? Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board for later! Connect with me via Pinterest while you’re there!
These fast and easy ginger turmeric shots blow the store bought versions out of the water! They’re cost-effective and packed with ingredients you can feel good about (no added sugar or preservatives). Try the recipe out today and let me know what you think!
- ½ cup (65 grams) Ginger, unpeeled, roughly chopped
- ½ cup (60 grams) Turmeric, unpeeled, roughly chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, peeled
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, ground
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend for about 20 seconds. No large pieces should remain.
- Use a strainer, nut milk bag, or cheese cloth to strain the juice.
- Save, compost, or discard the pulp, and store the juice in an airtight container until time to consume. This recipe will yield 8 shots that are 2 ounces each.
Turmeric will stain surfaces - handle carefully.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 46Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g