A simple and refreshing low-carb cocktail, this keto margarita hits the spot. It uses ice, blue agave silver (or blanco) tequila, fresh lime juice, and unsweetened lime-flavored sparkling water for a crisp, cool beverage that can be enjoyed any time.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
The only thing that stands between you and this simple & easy, refreshing keto cocktail is about five minutes. That and a quick trip to the liquor store if you don’t keep your home bar stock, as we tend to do in this house. But seriously – stock your home bar!
This margarita doesn’t use any fancy techniques, ingredients, or sweeteners – just silver tequila, freshly squeezed lime juice, and a bit of lime-flavored sparkling water. Oh, and ice!
How to Make an Easy Keto-Friendly Margarita
- You’ll start by rimming two drinking glasses with margarita salt. This step is optional, but also kind of not in my opinion. Margarita salt is an integral part for me; however, you may not feel the same. That’s perfectly fine!
- Next, fill two drinking glasses- about halfway- with ice cubes.
- You’ll then fill each glass with about a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lime juice. I really love lime, so if this feels like a bit much to you, feel free to use less, (or more) according to your macros.
- Add 1.5 fluid ounces of tequila to each glass.
- You’ll then top each glass off with lime-flavored, unsweetened sparkling water. You may also use a diet soda variety such as diet 7 Up or Sprite Zero.
- Next, stir really well with a bar spoon and then garnish with fresh lime and you’re good to go!
As usual, try this out and let me know what you think!
Can’t make this right now? Save it to your favorite Pinterest board for later!
A simple and refreshing low-carb cocktail, this keto margarita hits the spot. It uses ice, blue agave silver (or blanco) tequila, fresh lime juice, and unsweetened lime flavored sparkling water for a crisp, cool beverage that can be enjoyed any time.
- Ice Cubes
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice, divided
- 3 fl. oz Silver Tequila, divided
- Unsweetened Lime Sparkling Water
- Rim two drinking glasses with margarita salt.
- Fill each glass, about halfway, with ice cubes.
- To each glass, add 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice.
- To each glass, add 1.5 fl oz silver tequila.
- Top each glass off with unsweetened lime sparkling water.
- Stir well with bar spoon.
- Serve with lime as garnish.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Sodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 3gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g