These keto-friendly mini peppers are stuffed with turkey sausage, cream cheese, and cilantro and then topped with shredded cheddar before being roasted to perfection. They make an amazing low-carb snack or appetizer. If you enjoy this, try my Parmesan Crusted Green Bean Fries, Smoked Salmon Dip, or Jalapeño Popper Deviled Eggs.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
If you’re looking for a party-friendly, low-carb/keto appetizer, then this is it! These peppers are so good!
What Ingredients Will I Need for Stuffed Mini Peppers?
- Turkey Sausage – this is my personal preference, but this recipe still works well with beef or pork sausage.
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Chili Powder
- Black Pepper
- Mini Peppers – sweet mini peppers are small (obviously) and typically come in a one pound bag. They are found in the produce section near bell peppers. Mini peppers are usually red, yellow, or orange. For this recipe I wash and slice each pepper lengthwise. I don’t find removing the seeds to be a necessary step, as they do not add any spice.
- Cream Cheese – softening the cream cheese prior to use will make creating the mixture for the stuffed peppers way easier. It can also be microwaved for up to 30 seconds for ease of use.
- Cheddar – I will always advocated for grating your own cheese, but if you have bagged cheese, use that! This is for topping the peppers.
Suggested Dipping Sauce
- Try my Blackened Ranch Dressing
- Bleu Cheese
- Honey Mustard
How to Make Stuffed Mini Peppers
Y’all the process is super simple. You cook and season the ground sausage. As its cooking, you have the time to go ahead and wash & slice the mini peppers.
When the sausage is done, combine it with the cream cheese and chopped cilantro. Stuff the peppers and place them on a lined baking sheet. Top with shredded cheddar and bake for about ten minutes. Easy!
As usual, try it out and let me know what you think! When you make the recipe, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram so that I can show off how dope you are. While you’re there, join the family! I’d love to see you around.
Can’t make these stuffed mini peppers today? That’s cool. Save the recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later so that you don’t lose it.
These keto-friendly mini peppers are stuffed with turkey sausage, cream cheese, and cilantro and then topped with shredded cheddar before being roasted to perfection. They make an amazing low-carb snack or appetizer.
- 1 lb Turkey Sausage
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 lb Mini Peppers (halved)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- Sharp Cheddar (grated)
- Ranch Dressing (or preferred dipping sauce)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a skillet, cook the ground turkey sausage until brown. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and chili powder.
- As the meat cooks, wash and slice each pepper in half, lengthwise, with a sharp knife.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked sausage, softened cream cheese, and cilantro until well mixed.
- Using a spoon, carefully fill each pepper half with a portion of the cream cheese mixture.
- Top the peppers with freshly grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake the peppers for 10 minutes. After baking, broil for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese reaches your preferred brownness. (Broiling is optional).
- Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 428mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 14g