A delicious low-carb party snack that will please any guest!
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
If you’re looking for a party-friendly low-carb/keto appetizer, then this is it! These peppers are so good, your friends won’t know or care that they’re void of all the carbage. Promise. I chose not to add any additional salt, but you’re more than welcome to. Just be sure to taste your mixture as you go to avoid over-salting. Actually, the cream cheese mixture is customizable, so you can add just about any seasoning your heart desires. The turkey sausage can be swapped out for pork sausage, ground beef, or even shredded chicken.
Try it out!
A low-carb party snack that will please any guest!
- 1 lb Turkey Sausage
- 1 lb Mini Peppers (halved)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- Sharp Cheddar (grated)
- Ranch Dressing (or preferred dipping sauce)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a skillet, cook the ground turkey sausage until brown. Drain.
- As the meat cooks, slice each pepper in half, lengthwise, with a sharp knife.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked sausage, softened cream cheese, and cilantro until well mixed.
- Using a spoon, carefully fill each pepper half with a portion of the cream cheese mixture.
- Top the peppers with freshly grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake the peppers for 10 minutes. After baking, broil for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese reaches your preferred brownness. (Broiling is optional).
- Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy.