This deliciously hearty chicken chili is Whole30, keto, and low-carb approved! It doesn’t skip on flavor though. Ground Chicken is combined with a host of vegetables, seasonings, and spices for a comforting favorite.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
If you love this then you simply must try my other chili recipes:
This chicken chili is so cozy, warm, delicious and comforting. It’s also super easy and ready in no time. This recipe checks a lot of boxes. It’s Whole30, gluten-free, low-carb, dairy-free, and keto-friendly. It’s also bean-free. But it’s so damn good that you won’t be worried about any of that. Not to mention that it’s hearty, filling, and packed with vegetables and nutrients. What’s not to love? A simple one-pot meal is always right on time. You could easily convert this into a slow cooker meal for added convenience.
Let’s get into some details.
How Long Does it Take to Make Chicken Chili?
It takes just over an hour to make this chicken chili. Totally doable for a hearty weeknight meal. You can save even more time by prepping/chopping the vegetables in advance. Then all that’s left to do is dump everything into the pot.
What Ingredients Will I Need?
You will need the following to make this recipe:
- Ground Chicken
- Diced Green Chilies (canned)
- Tomatoes (canned, mild)
- Fresh Mushrooms
- White Onion
- Fresh Garlic
- Kosher Salt
- Chili Powder
- Black Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Chicken Broth
- Green Onion
- Red Onion
- Sliced Jalapenos
- Lime Wedges
How Many Carbs Are in Chicken Chili?
This chili contains just 7 net grams of carbs per serving making it suitable for a low-carb and ketogenic lifestyle.
Is This Recipe Spicy?
This recipe is very mild with a hint of heat from the chilies. My two-year-old was able to enjoy this chicken chili with ease. If you need a bit more of a “kick” add a teaspoon or two of cayenne powder. You may also opt to purchase spicy canned tomatoes, instead of the mild ones that this recipe calls for. If you choose to follow my topping/serving suggestion of freshly sliced jalapenos, this will also add a bit of heat.
Instructions – How to Make Chicken Chili
- Start by cooking the ground chicken over medium heat in a large pot or dutch oven. This should take about ten minutes. If you find that you need to deglaze your pan during the process, you can use a bit of chicken broth to do so. You’ll know the chicken is done when it has all turned from pink to white.
- To the cooked chicken, add the diced green chilies and canned tomatoes. Stir well.
- Add the mushrooms, diced onion, and minced garlic. Give everything a good stir.
- Season with salt, chili powder, black pepper, coriander, cumin, and onion powder. Stir until evenly distributed.
- Finally, add the lime juice and chicken broth. Stir well and allow the contents to come to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, cover with a lid, and allow to continue to cook for about one hour.
That’s it. Remove from the heat and serve using the topping suggestions listed above. This recipe is a no-brainer and nearly impossible to mess up.
As usual, try it out and let me know what you think.
Can’t make this recipe right now? Save it to your favorite Pinterest board for later so that you don’t lose it.
This deliciously hearty chicken chili is Whole30, keto, and low-carb approved! It doesn't skip on flavor though. Ground Chicken is combined with a host of vegetables, seasonings, and spices for a comforting favorite.
- 2 pounds Ground Chicken
- 8 oz can Diced Green Chilies
- 20 oz Tomatoes, canned, mild
- 1 pound Fresh Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 White Onion, diced
- 5 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2-3 teaspoons Salt
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Coriander
- 1 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
Cook the ground chicken over medium heat in a large pot or dutch oven until fully cooked, about ten minutes.
To the cooked chicken, add the diced green chilies and canned tomatoes. Stir well.
Add the mushrooms, diced onion, and minced garlic.
Season with salt, chili powder, black pepper, coriander, cumin, and onion powder. Stir until evenly distributed.
Finally, add the lime juice and chicken broth. Stir well and allow the contents to come to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium low, cover with a lid, and allow to continue to cook for about one hour.
Remove from heat and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 1029mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 29g