Try this easy and flavorful sheet pan meal featuring sausage, broccoli, peppers, and onions for an easy weeknight winner. It cooks up in under 20 minutes and is keto-friendly, low-carb, Whole30 compliant, and gluten-free. This recipe is also great for meal prep! Try it out today.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended.
Hungry for more? Give these recipes a spin:
- Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Thighs
- Herby Lemon Butter Chicken Bites
- Blackened Salmon Lettuce Wraps
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken Meatballs
- One Skillet Meal: Smoked Sausage & Radish Wedges
Your weeknight hero is here in the form of a quick, easy, and flavorful sheet pan meal that won’t leave you with a ton of cleanup. This is definitely one to keep in your back pocket; it’s a lifesaver when you’re short on time, but want to skip takeout.
This recipe checks a lot of boxes. Keto-friendly? Yes. Gluten-free? Yup. Whole30 compliant? Most certainly. It also makes the perfect meal prep for when you’re on-the-go. Let’s get into some details.
Do I Need Any Special Tools?
You don’t need any fancy tools or kitchen gadgets to recreate this recipe. You’ll need:
- Cutting Board
- Sheet Pan – lined if desired for easier cleanup
What Ingredients Do I Need?
For this meal, you will need the following:
- Yellow Onion – sliced
- Yellow Bell Pepper – sliced
- Broccoli Florets
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Lemon – juiced
- Black Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Beef Smoked Sausage – if you’re following a Whole30 regimen, you’ll want to look for a brand that makes compliant sausage.
- Parsley – chopped. An optional topping.
- Note: You may opt to top the meal with cheese, such as Parmesan. Of course, you will not want to do this if you are following Whole30, but it’s just fine for keto/low-carb.
Instructions – Sheet Pan Meal: Sausage, Broccoli, Peppers, and Onions
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Wash and prep your vegetables. The yellow onion and bell pepper should be cut into thin slices. Cut the broccoli into florets, leaving as much of the stem as you prefer.
- Place the vegetables on the sheet pan. I like to season the vegetables prior to adding the sausage. This is a personal preference since smoked sausage is already salted/flavored.
- Coat the vegetables with extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice and then season with the black pepper, salt, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Add the sliced smoked sausage to the sheet pan on top of the vegetables.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Top with parsley (optional).
What is the Carb Count for this Meal?
When dividing this meal into 5 portions, this meal contains 5 net grams of carbohydrates per serving, making it low-carb and keto-friendly.
To meal prep, simply make the recipe and allow the food to cool. Divide into five equal portions and add to airtight meal prep containers. Store for up to five days.
Can’t make this right now? Pin it to your favorite Pinterest board for later! Connect with me via Pinterest while you’re there!
Try this easy and flavorful sheet pan meal featuring sausage, broccoli, peppers, and onions for an easy weeknight winner. It cooks up in under 20 minutes and is keto-friendly, low-carb, Whole30 compliant, and gluten-free.
- 1 Yellow Onion, sliced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1/4 pound Broccoli Florets
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 12 oz Beef Smoked Sausage, sliced
- Parsley, chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 400° F
To a baking sheet, add the sliced onion, sliced bell pepper, and broccoli florets
Coat the vegetables with the extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice before seasoning with the black pepper, salt, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
Add the sliced smoked sausages to the sheet pan along with the vegetables.
Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
Top with parsley, if desired.
You can opt to top your meal with Parmesan cheese for added flavor (Whole30 excluded)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Nordic Ware Half Sheet Pan
Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8 x 16-1/2
Cutting Boards for Kitchen [Bamboo, Set of 3] Eco-Friendly Wood Cutting Board for Chopping Meat, Vegetables, Fruits, Cheese, Knife Friendly Serving Tray with Handles, 100% Natural Bamboo
Professional Chef Knife, 8 Inch Pro Kitchen Knife, German High Carbon Stainless Steel Knife with Ergonomic Handle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 369mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 21g